There is certainly a reason we have a “Rumormill” symbol: A man-who-knows-a-guy wrote a post at the 400Z Club forum pertaining to Nissan’s upcoming rework of the Z, and if it is correct, the forum’s going to have to determine out a new name for itself. The automobile, in this telling, would not be called the Nissan 400Z, a moniker we all admittedly just assumed. It will only be the Nissan Z.
Extra precisely, it will continue being the Fairlady Z in Japan, and will be called the Nissan Z in other marketplaces.
The poster “Houston.Z35,” who suggests he’s receiving this from relatives who stay shut to the action at Nissan’s Tennessee plant, has lots a lot more details. Which could be accurate, inaccurate, or issue to alter. Attain for your shaker of salt and browse on:
- MSRP will be $34,995. That’s for the base auto, no choices, and presumably not which include destination payment.
- All autos, like the foundation model, will get the 400-horsepower edition of the VR30DDTT V6 which is at this time in the Infiniti Q50 and Q60 Crimson Sport.
- The vehicle will arrive with the same six-velocity manual that is in the 370Z, or a Mercedes-Benz 9G-Tronic 9-velocity torque-converter automatic.
- Dry weight, 3,252 kilos, which is a bit more than the 370Z’s moist body weight of 3,232 kilos. And presumably that is for a base with handbook.
- All autos will also arrive with a digital sprint, the rear duckbill we observed days back in leaked photos from 400Z Club, and Android Automobile / Apple CarPlay.
Moving up from the foundation product, you’d get:
- The Form S, presumably for sport: Provides Brembo brakes, thicker sway bars, coolers and “other stuff.”
- The Style T, presumably for touring: Nicer appointments together with heated and cooled leather-based seats and driver assists.
- Or the Kind ST, which is all of the previously mentioned.
- The S and T will price about $5K much more, the ST about $10K.
And, if this isn’t really burying the lede, the resource says a Nismo version will appear together. Houston calls it a “little one GT-R” … “It will never just be a body package, exhaust, tune and some badges this time.”
Convertible? No indication of a single for now.
Examine out Houston’s report at the discussion board. And before long, we are going to see about all that.